Sunday, March 12, 2006

Where are my sandals?

A very early start as Jo was waiting for us at 6am to drive to Big Bend National Park, if only. Instead we had a morning of more sari and sheet wearing. Finally we were able to pick up the bag from a gas station in downtown.

At home Vica asked me the question as to whether I had seen her sandals, nope. She had took them off at the garage and left them on the garage forecourt! When we went back they were still in the same place :)

10 hours later, one dead rabbit and one moose laid dead in the middle of the road, one creepy gas station in the middle of no where, we arrived at Big Bend and camped in the desert. Putting up the tent at home was too easy, why not do it by moonlight in the desert!

2 comments:

vica said...

OK, that morning just was NOT that simple. at 6am i drove off to jo's (no phone) to let her know that keela's bag is still around the outskirts of houston. i left keela's cell with her so i dont need to drive back n forth. then i drove home, keela got into the car to practice, so i got into the bath. keela comes back wee bit early and honks the whole neighbourhood up trying to come in (no keys). the closest thing i can put on on a wet and half lathered-up body was -- you got it, a bedsheet. so in a somewhat simplistic makeshift sari i open the door for keela and dash back to wash off the rest of the lather. i guess she never saw me, otherwise id be still getting it :P
then we drove off to pick up keela's bag at the gas station, then i drove off to pick up jo while keela packs, then we drove home to pick up keela, then -- errm. if i were japanese, they would pat me on the back and nod understandingly. when i enter a place (usually rooms, offices, houses, but apparently cars too) the first thing i do is kick off my sandals (yes i drive barefoot). so when i got back into the car i left them at the as station. when we went back for them, they were there, untouched :)
driving east was fun, considering that the longest time i drove all my life before was about 40 mins. this was 4 hours plus then some. the latter two-three hours of which led us onto a road that had no traffic whatsoever and a drive on which we saw 1 town, 7 cars, 50 dead rabbits, 20 suicidal ones (one flattened by myself) and a big honking moose-looking thing right across the way, plus a partridge in the pear-tree, as ms keela so astutely added.

Keela said...

I sooooo didn't know that you were joining me in the sari wearing :) Oh Ms Vica...I will make sure I have plenty for the next time you visit Bristol. I did have a variety of colours that were presented to me as a tailor would have presented some trousers. I had the option of blue or white. What Vica doesn't know is that my new bed linen consists of different shades pf pink (I will hide the white one) :)