Thursday, March 16, 2006

On the road again

Why are American campsites so big? You can easily get 8/9 tents on each campground. Lucky for us, campground number 3 for free. As I was walking back from the bathroom the ranger was looking at our car so I kept walking but she caught me on the way back. When asked if I knew the owners I said 'yes I know them and they gave me the keys to the car so I will move it for them'. She asked if they knew the people already on the pitch and my answer….'yes'. I get 'yes' and 'no' mixed up sometimes :)

We drove to the Chimneys and I dropped off the kiddy winks to go and play in the desert while I got lost driving on my own for a few hours. The intention was to spend time in the ghost town but after my journey I had little time. I met David in a shop covered in Tibetan prayer flags. A kind man who interested me greatly with stories of where he lives, his job, his wife's job and life by the park.

Back to the Chimneys to pick up Vica and Jo and off for a 6 hour drive to San Antonio listening to country music on route because it’s the only station available. We decided to stop at an RV park where our options to camp were limited to the 'pet potty', by an electricity pylon or a small stretch of grass in front of someone's RV. We can be quite cheeky at times because we managed to get into the showers through the doorcode by asking someone. Our first shower since last Sunday was heaven. However, Americans need to seriously consider the height of their toilet and shower doors.

No comments: