Sunday, March 05, 2006

Eccentricity


I did an incredible job in catching up with sleep in my very high bed. Its so high that I have to climb up into it, I can't just sit on it. My feet won't touch the floor so I kind of have to slip off :)

Our morning trip was to the Asian Culture Festival, an annual festival with great food and stalls. There really was every type of food you could want for. We opted for the pad thai and egg roll (spring roll). There were stalls from each of the Asian countries and a drum show under the glorious sunshine. I tried jasmine coconut milk from a cut coconut which was bizarre and very refreshing. And bubble tea, a cold jasmine tea with jelly beads in the bottom.

In the afternoon we visited Coral Castle, built by an Latvia Eccentric who devoted the castle to his jilted bride. He was all of 5 ft tall and 100 lbs but used Egyptian techniques to cut the coral and move it. Its really quite amazing with tables, chairs, heart shaped tables, bath tub, bowls all in stone. However, he led a very simple like in the covered bit of the castle which had a swing in his room!

I'm about to be called for dinner, Jamaican chicken, rice and peas, yumm :)

No comments: