Saturday, March 11, 2006

Do you have playing cards?

Never ever eat alligator before flying somewhere. I ended up sleeping for all of 3 hours before speeding to the airport. Unfortunately after I jumped the queue I was told that check in had closed. I could possibly get on the plane if I ran but my luggage would follow. After spending a week in AC, the day I wanted AC there was none! I spent the entire flight holding the sick bag in my hands. One tip, only put sugar in coke to take the fix out if its in a cup. If its in a can it will explode. Oh I was having a good day.

I'm not known for my observation skills but it actually took Vica to stand in front of me before I recognised her. If only things had got better from this point but no. The car rental price had doubled in the space of 24 hours. However, we did have a fantastic Indian lunch at Hillcroft where we bought our camping food (15 Indian dinners, what else J ).

Then followed the waiting game. My bag still hadn't arrived and I was wearing the warmest things I owned in sweltering heat. Try to imagine two opposite people and double it, that’s Vica and I. I would need a few of her size 8 clothes just to cover a leg so we had to come up with possibilities of attire. My day clothes was a sari and my evening wear was a sheet.
We had a tour around Rice University. They have their own cinema, shuttle bus, sports stadium and police! Worcester University is the same size as Rice's library alone!

At home in Sari Vica achieved the impossible and fed me salmon for dinner. I even went back for seconds. This is the girl that was vegetarian before 2 years ago when we met, turned her nose at fruit soup, soy milk, sausage and wouldn't touch fish with a barge pole. Strange influence LM (btw, as I type I'm eating oatmeal made with soy milk and museli thrown in :P).

So, in my sheet I had the intention of a good night's sleep. The mosquito's thought otherwise. I wonder if you have ever thought of furniture that you can wear, well we had too. Vica's suggestions were a coat, curtain and sofa bed, ummm. Before bed she came out with 'do you have playing cards'. I was wearing her furniture without knowing if/ when my luggage would arrive but course I have cards J

1 comment:

vica said...

as usual, i think it takes adding my story to ms keela's to have a somewhat more accurate idea as to what was going on :)

you may notice her mocking the indian food we got at hillcroft, but you should have seen her around high tea and dinner time. the pensive look on her face, the troubled confusion, the multitude of choices -- is it aloo gobi tonight or shall we have matter paneer instead. oh and then silence came to her lips as she shoveled the content of the spaceship material satchet into her mouth :)

im not sure why my clothing is being discriminated against -- after all i was wearing almost everything keela had last summer: her skirt, pashmina, coat. i see no reason why she couldnt wear my stuff. but she was really going after my draperies, bedsheets and saris. i saw her eyeing up my flags i use as curtains, but i think i expressed my discontent visibly enough for her to drop the subject and just go on wearing some of my bedsheets.