Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Girl between two flags :)

I really couldn't live in this country - waffles, maple syrup, peanut butter, goldfish crackers ahhh. The day started with a walk through the surf on a deserted South Beach to South Pointe. Why the 'e' on the end? My first stop was to the Jewish museum, housed in an old synagogue. Very interesting tour of life for the Florida Jews but slightly unnerving when I had to go through a metal detector to get in the building. Why? The whole way around the tour the guide was saying 'us', 'we' so I was Jewish for the tour, hoping that she wouldn't ask me a question. I left pretty sharpish due to the arctic weather inside. Two things i will never understand, 1) the need for so much air conditioning, 2) ice in drinks!

Lunch was at Subway. I remember the first time I visited subway in the US and how it scared me with the number of choices I had to make, just for a sandwich. Now I'm an experienced subwayer, it was a synch (I have the lingo down:)).

I walked up Ocean Drive passing the multiple cafe's to the Versace building when he was shot. Time for the beach and I just happened to go into the section between the two rainbow flags. So what do I do? Sit in the middle, feet in the surf, covered in long skirt, long shirt, hat, shun glasses while surrounded by semi naked men.

I had an adventure on the bus. The first was figuring out what bus to take, then how do I pay and then how do I ring the bell? The conductor asked if I'm on Spring Break, it was just easier to say yes when I saw the people on the bus, all over 65. Me thinks that young people don't use the bus.

Parrot Jungle Island was the next stop. A very large park with so many brightly coloured parrots, endangered species and other birds. I did that silly thing again, volunteer without thinking of what I was doing. 4 parrots on my shoulders, one in my arms later, then I was scared. One parrot was so attached to the button on the top of my hat that he decided to keep it, I'm not buttonless.

I don't know why but I really love going to the supermarket when on holiday so going to the store was a treat, especially when I found peanut butter M&M's and goldfish crackers :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello have a good one love hayden

Anonymous said...

i like this hayden

Anonymous said...

olivia said hello
get me some thing nice and big
olivia
xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

this is good hayden

Anonymous said...

got to go
hayden
xxxx

Keela said...

Hayden, stop it :)
Love to Livvy, I'm shopping for her today. I'm off to the beach on the only cloudy day in Miami. Big big kiss to Livvy. xxxxxxxxx