Sunday, December 23, 2012

Honeymoon – A hug I’ve been waiting for





It wasn’t with a heavy heart that we left Sydney. I’m not sure what it was about Sydney that I didn’t love, maybe it was the overcrowdedness, but I was ready to leave Sydney, and definitely ready to leave the Holiday Inn Potts Point. The tubes run very infrequently, but we got to the airport, checked in. Business class really have spoiled us, we were travelling economy to Christchurch. I’ve watched too many episodes of ‘Nothing to declare’ because once again I was petrified going through customs, especially as this time we were going through the ‘to declare’ aisle as one of the questions on the form was ‘do you have sports shoes’? and ‘have you visited a forest’. 

Through the glass doors, we saw Matthew and Andy jumping up and down waving their arms and I received a hug that I have been waiting for for a very long time. It was so good to see them both again, after 2 years away. But the years dropped away. They picked us up straight from a couple of nights away, so had water, wine glasses and nuts to give us. It was like the plane all over again. We drove through the countryside and it was amazing to be away from the crowded city. The mountains, agricultural land, and openness was a treat to the eye. 

We arrived at Matthew and Andy’s and they opened their living room doors onto the most amazing view I’ve ever seen! You can actually have a bath and look at the view at the same time. Two verrandah’s to marvel at the gorgeous view. We sat in the sun looking out to the bay’s, boats, peninsula. It was so peaceful. We ate by the Christmas tree, listening to Christmas music, and it was like all of the years dropped away, so good to chat again.

No comments: