Thursday, September 09, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring...





Jet lag is seriously awful, I was pretty much unconcious during the night but then couldn't wake up. How I managed to have a shower I don't know. We started our 'walking taxi' to pick up our mums and then went to the beach. Oh the water was so warm, but also full of jelly fish so it was just up to the knees. As someone that burns instantly, my place is under an umbrella. Ali and I walked along the white sand, looking at the crabs scuttling along but we had to keep a very close eye on the very grey cloud coming over head. It started to rain so we thought we would head to the pool.

We swam, we had a cocktail in the pool bar, jacquzzi but then it really started to rain, then it poured, then it poured some more. All the time we were all trapped under a pool umbrella but it was so heavy that we were getting wet anyway. In the 50 metres from the umbrella to the shelter, we were soaked. We had a hot choc to warm up ironically (we are in the rainforest). The sunset was gorgeous, and then we had a chinese dinner. I can now see why there are umbrella's in the bedrooms.

No comments: