Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I found nemo





After a coach to Kota Kinabalu, we boarded a speed boat to Manukan in the marine park. I do love speed boats and snorkelling so this trip was my heaven. While Ali went on a nature trail, I started my burning time and heading into the sea. We didn't have to go very far to see the fish at all. Strangely, we just had to leave all of our bags and valuables on the beach which made me think that we are trained to be so scared and protect everything. The fish were swiming around our foot and nipping which scared the hell out of me when someone in our group has been stung by a jelly fish already.

We boarded another boat to Sapi for more snorkelling before lunch. There were so many schools of fish and I appeared to be on their flight path. The colours of the fish were amazing and the coral so bright. There were nemo's, black nemo's, pink fish, blue fish and every colour of fish, including one that stared at me straight in the eye and wouldn't move.

After a BBQ lunch, it was back in the sea with the factor 50 on. Blatently ignoring the no swim after food rule. Ali who can''t snorkel grabbed onto my legs as I pulled her around. The sea was so clear and green. I didn't want to leave but the speed boat back was so bumpy.

We visited the market and and then it was back to Nexus to see the best sunset yet, a purple and pink sky.

No comments: