Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Engagement day :)





Oh my gosh, it was hot in the night, and so bright at 2am. Due to the ash of the volcano, we weren’t allowed to open the windows. I got the moneys worth at breakfast and then off for another hot tub in our robes and slippers. To my surprise, Ali had my ring and said “Honey, I can’t believe you have put up with me for 2.5 years, I love you so much, and I can’t imagine life without you, would you do me the honour of being my wife?”. On one knew, in the hot tub, overlooking the river and volcano. I said ‘of course I will, yes’. We had pictures, Jacuzzi again and then dreamt of Ranga being our wedding venue. Pn to Seljalandfoss waterfalls and Skogafoss for lunch, past the erupting volcano.

Onto Dyrhoalaey, and a massive climb up to the cliff in the car over a gravel road. We sat watching the basalt arche, sea birds as the clouds drew in and then we were walking through the clouds. Onto Reynisdranger to see the sea stack and black sand beach. Onto Fjadrangljfur to a canyon, where we walked up to the top of the hill. The canyon looked like shards of rock

Overnight in the Iceland air hotel, slightly lifeless compared to last night but I don’t care, we are engaged!

No comments: