Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Showercap protection







Our 21 month anniversary! However, it wasn’t so lucky because our cases had gone to the airport before breakfast, and the strap on my sandal completely broke off! So I had to try and do a blue peter job with sellotape but it so didn’t work. Another train journey, this time on the maglev which can reach 400km per hour on magnetic levitation. However, not after 11am and we were late so we only got p to 300km/h. At the airport we had the delights of our hotel packed lunch, cheese square in stale bread and a banana, yummy! On the plane, Ali did her normal trip of sleeping head down on the table. I don’t know how she does it!

We had arrived in Xian, visited a mausoleum which had miniature naked bodies but I was so scared of the glass floor that I completely missed it! We did have blue plastic on our shoes though, nice and sweaty. On the bus to our new hotel, we noticed that all fruit on trees were bagged up, even though they were still on the tree!! To stop pests apparently, but I think it was pre-wrapped. We spotted my favourite too, lots of bamboo scaffolding. In the evening we had western style again which was disappointing. We had a drink in the bar and I superglued my shoes after the bellboy got me some superglue from outside somewhere (I tipped him 3 times the cost of the glue, I was that grateful!). Picture this though, I never ever use superglue, my dad does things like that. Ali had a great suggestion to hold it though, shower caps so I superglued my sandals while wearing 2 shower caps on my hands for protection.

No comments: