Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ali is a god!











We visited the Ming Tombs and sat in the sun. Then we went to the Avenue of Statues and Ali and I must have been a bit sleep deprived because we took photo’s imitating the animal. I must admit that my camel is rather good. There was also a large turtle at the end and if you touch the head, it brings you luck. If you touch the head and tail, you become a god. See picture, Ali is a god.

Then the highlight of the tour, we went to the Great Wall at Badaling, walking up the very very steep slope. It’s decepting, it’s so steep. Ali and I made it up 3 towers, mum up 2. and Brigitte did all 4! There is lots of erosion on the wall floor but it was so nice to see the postcard picture of the wall on top of the mountain tops. We sat and contemplated how it was built. I loved the wall. Ali and I also were illegal and had our photo taken kissing. Problem was that I had it zoomed in so I had to take it 3 times ;)

On our way back to the hotel, we visited the Olympic 2008 stadium, the Birds nest and the water cube, the gymnastics and tennis stadia. We had a Peking duck dinner and were shown the duck first, nice.

No comments: