Friday, June 27, 2008

No flies on me


Today we had a very scenic drive to Balmoral, home of her majesty but Ali wasn't too impressed with the plant and garden discussions in the audio tour. They still hunt deer and hang them up in a round building! Luckily we couldn't go in. Strangely enough Balmoral seems to be the home of flies too, especially around Ali, not me. What that says for both of us, I do now know.


We had a gorgeous scenic drive (with Ali still loving driving the golf) through to the Glenlivet distillery. It was a free whiskey tour, only problem being my problem with vertigo and walking over a see through floor. We even had a free taster at the end of 15 year old whiskey and oh my gosh it was horrid. Worse still, we were told to put water in it to really taste it but it just added volume!


We had a speedy drive to a RSPB nature reserve and arrived with 2 mins to spare to see Osprey chicks.


We drove to Dufftown where we resturant shopped. To ali's dismay, I chose a wholesome food resturant called noahs ark. I loved the rainbows and quickiness but the dirty table, crazy host, dinner in a quiche dish even though it was mousakka and sweetcorn and gone off potatoes. It was a bit too much for Ali. To cap it all off, the lady insisted we had whiskey cheesecake for dessert and we are too polite! I scrapped off all the whiskey and to be honest, think i got tipsey from the quantity of whisky but it was so that Ali could eat the bottom bit. Unfortunately, we were then both full so couldn't eat the bottom so I ate the top for nothing :)


The bedroom was to die for, a baby pink, lacey 4 poster bed!

No comments: