Wednesday, June 25, 2008

'I don't like bumps'

Whisking started at lunchtime when I was bundled into the car, with only the knowledge that I needed my passport for the next few days. We drove to the airport and went to check-in which had 'leeds/ bradford', much to my dismay. Then I knew where we were going - Aberdeen!


Over lunch we sat next to luggage that was swobbed for explosives. I loved the way we all just sat there awaiting the swob, still eating our lunch. The plane only had 29 seats and no microphone so the air hostess just stood and spoke. It was too small for arm rests, drinks trolley and I wanted to explore the toilet but I feared getting stuck in it!


Even though Ali booked the whisking, she doesn't like planes and oh my gosh my hand turned white and she was verging on hyperventiling while I was loving the bumps! Everything was forgotten when we arrived in Aberdeen and Ali saw her baby, a brand new golf with only 28 miles on the clock. We drove to our chintz clad B&B in Arbroath. It was so cute that I took a picture of the 80's hair dryer and toilet roll cover.


We drove to Montrose and had Indian food, in Scotland. Don't you just love embracing the local cuisine. We went to bed in the daylight! It doesn't get dark in Aberdeen until after 11pm.

No comments: