Thursday, June 26, 2008

Like Scotland, Like Ireland




With a Scottish breakfast inside Ali we head out. Last night I stupidly asked what's in a Scottish brekkie even though I hate cooked breakfast, and then declined it so Ali took pity and went for the full brekkie. Thanks Honey :)


We drove to Dundee and I achieved one of my dreams, to see Scott's ship, the Discovery. I've wanted to see it for years and when I asked Ali whether I'm behaving like a kidm without thought, she said 'yes'. I was only jumping up and down in excitment!


We saw the wardroom, the messroom, I drove the ship backwards (I later found out the wheel I was turning was the rudder) and not the main wheel. I loved being on Discovery and it just makes me want to go to Antarctica even more.


Next was to Glamis castle, a gorgrous building with the most amazing driveway. Ali had Arbroath smokies pate for lunch and I had a very scottish cheese sandwich and scone. We said hello to some scottish cows and then had a gorgeous drive through Glen Clova. Unfortaunately, I'm not a great passenger and fell asleep!


We stayed overnight in Kerrimuir and went for a pre-dinner walk. Little did we know that it would be quite so long, full of closed attractions and up, up, up, up and more uphill. .We had 5 mins to spare before dinner in the hotel finished.


One slight problem is that when on whisking trips, we tend to attract friends and scotland was no different to Ireland. Today's friend was the local alcoholic that had his name written on his hand. His conversation about how weird RSPB'ers didn't go down too well.

No comments: