Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm the mother of a 13 year old!



Todays adventure was to a sheep farm. The lambs were so cute, and mixed with the daffodils, we had a very 'spring' day. We watched sheep herding with the 'come by, away, down' signals but the sheep and dog were having none of it and preferred to have a run around. We watched sheep shearing which was moe interesting and I learnt that wool production is a manmade invention caused by cross breading and if a sheep doesn't have a hair cut, it can die! We wacthed a ram show and I learnt there are loads and loads of types of sheep. While the kids played in the adventure play, I longily looked on an wanted to join it but unfortautely adults weren't allowed. We wacthed a sheep race and then the girls took part in the combat challenge. To my horror, I was passed something saying 'we should give this to your mum to look after'. I'm the mother of a 9 and 13 year old! Note to self - Must dress differently and do my hair a different way from now on.

No comments: