Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hedwig, Hawks, Hedgehogs......and lambs

Day one of the holiday and a trip to a falconry to see peregrins, kestrels, owls and caracara eating baby chicks. I still have a bee in my bonnet thinking that chicks are bred to be eaten so are gassed before they have really lived....but I won't get on my soapbox again :) We also went to Prickly ball hedgehog hospital and got to pet a sleepy hedgehog and here's an interesting fact, they have 5000-7000 spines. We watched lambs chase children around which was quite amusing and I saw Ali's eyes light up with the thought of taking in poorly hedgehogs at home for rehabilitation. I get a feeling that I will be living in a zoo :)
So, after an hours drive, I arrived in Bude for our holiday and went to bed before the kids, I was tired!

No comments: