Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A birthday poem of suprises

My poetry skills aren't the great so what do I do? I design a whole birthday treat with clues that are poems! The day started with a trip to Shaldon Zoo, the smallest zoo in the South West that has endangered animals. We spent a long time looking close up to the porcupines, I'd recommend it. I was amazed with their spikes and how they have no fur, their spikes just come out of their skin and theren't isn't anything underneath. How do they sleep i wonder?

Ali had a pressie at every destination. Next we went to Oddicombe beach where I thought it would be a good idea who suffer from a fear of heights on a cliff railway! The beach was gorgeous, the sun is shining and we walked along the beach wall, looking out at the birds on route (of course :)).

Next stop was fish and chips on the front at Torquay and what ended up as Ali's favourite pressie, bubbles that cost all of 39p :) I had intended to give her a cake with a candle in it but guess who bought matches and actually forgot to take them to the beach? So Ali blew out a fake candle.

We went to Living Coasts and Ali got pooed on by an Inca Tern. Is this gonna be a very lucky year do you think? In the evening we went to a rainbow fish restaurant, my biggest hate, the smell of fish but the food was amazing.

Fantastic day that had to end unfortunately but Ali had a great birthday. Next year I'm gonna buy a tonne of bubbles :)

No comments: