Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Two days at the European Commission

What a couple of days! It started with a 4.15am wake up call to get the5am train to London. I should have known it was going to be one of thosedays when I saw someone being arrested at London Eurostar security.However, things got better and I had my meetings at the Commission,complete with head phones listening to a translator which I really likedfor some reason. The fun and games started when I left the meeting. Myhotel had to move me to another hotel so they called me a cab. Halfwaythrough the journey I considered taking off my seatbelt and sitting inthe middle becuase I was sure we would have a crash any minute. He drovealong the tramlines instead of the roads, he almost hit someone offtheir bike, he scratched on call and hut their mirror and drove atridiculous speeds. However, I got to the hotel in one peice and metsomeone being arrested in the foyer!!! The police were taking astatement from two German tourists as I got my key! to say it was basicwould be an understatement as it smelt like someone has only just leftthe bed. Strange thing was that I didn't know whether I was saferindoors or outdoors? A meal on the Grand Place followed by a beercheered me up. However, I had to go back to the pit :( I walked past agroup of homeless people, past a gang of lads but I was alive, I wasn'tarrested and I needed to sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Two Days at the European Commission" is a poem for a new age. It is like a prostitute's confession of undying love. It is riddled with the sort of self-loathing and guilt befitting a common rascal. However, its similarity with Shakespeare's unreleased play cannot be put down to coincidence. Clearly for someone in their forties "Two Days at the European Commission" is like a week in Erotika. The sexual connotations are not well hidden, nor are the drunkenness and the drug-inhaling-noses. Ah, noses...and what of Billy? What happened to sweet, sweet Billy?