Saturday, June 30, 2007

I held a golden eagle!!!

I've never been to a falconry and to be honest, I don't think I knew what it was but along we went to explore. I was shocked that there are so many types of owls. We saw flying displays of falcons, owls and listened to a few of the talks about the birds which was really interesting. I never learn though, when asked if I would like to volunteer, I did!! I volunteered to hold a 10lb Golden Eagle on my arm! It weighed a ton. It was only when it was stood on me that I remembered that I don't actually like birds that much and that my arms should be longer than they are. It was an experience.

We went back to the campsite and had a nap :) We really are turning into old women - we nap, we have tea and cake and I have a bad back!

That evening, the BBQ was rained off becuase of rain so we went for chinese instead. Picture this, posh chinese restaurant and the 4 of us in scruffs and loving being dry and warm.

No comments: