Friday, June 08, 2007

Sights and smells of Eden Camp


I've wanted to go to Eden camp for years after mum and dad visited. Its a great WW2 museum by York housed in the old POW camp. In each hut it chronicles a different part of the war but it doesn't have the technical flashy things that so many museums have now, it just had simplicity. I loved the info and smells pumped into the huts. I learnt that women did have a really really big part to play in the war and the second thing i learned was that the cows were painted with white stripes becuase of the blackout! This is to stop you driving into them!!!! ou could also hire a wedding cake for the day if you couldn't afford to make one with your rations. I also had my first bit of linguistic confusion with the sign 'no parking in't centre'. I asked where the T centre is? First lessons, T is short for 'the'.....why, its already short???? :)

No comments: