Sunday, July 24, 2005

Obersterre


I know I have a tendancy to be late for absolutely everything but combine this with Miss Vica and you have a diaster waiting to happen. Well maybe not disaster, but runing it 30 degree heat is compulsory. The night before I caught the train to Szeged to Miss Vica's and todays expedition was to Opusztaszer (or obersterre according to me).

Great day trip with panoramic painting with Hungarian commentary (I had my Miss Vica ear phones on:)) The panoramic picture actually makes you feel like you are in the picture as the scene is carried on below you. Another interesting fact, they have panoramic pictures in London and Bath too. However, suprisingly the picture in London is of Rome (random). The flooding exhibition was my favourite (of course) and my Miss Vica ear phones came in handy again. We enjoyed it so much we stayed twice.

You can visit every house on the complex with fishermans houses, rich peoples house, poor peoples houses , a windmill, yurts with different subjects inside. Great day which was topped off by running to the bus as we were late.....again. By the way, if anyone wishes to loose weight, go to Miss V's :)

The evening was spent at Miss Vica's mum and dad where they fed us great food - Courgette souffle, mince and cheese, potato, chicken (all good) and then the suprises.....coffee beans.....ubi.....and apples with maggots in them (you can imagine the look on my face but I vouch, they are all great.

No comments: