Monday, March 07, 2005

Thailand


I have been Miss Keela all day and then even called Sir at one point! The Thai people address you but you first name and never by your surname.

So we have arrived in Phuket, Thailand. We actually arrived last night but couldn't go ashore cos of immigration. We had Mardis Gras on ship and I can't trell you how weird it is to dance to the Macarena, S Club7 and, the pogues, a scottish jog followed by tom jones when you are in Thailand. Surreal. And then an australian lady asked which part of australia I'm from!!!!!!

I can't bvegin to tell you how fantastic today has been. It started by getting in a lifeboat to get to the shore. I have never been in a life boat and the fact that the sea was as rough as hell made it more fun.

Our first stop was to ride and elephant, to say I was petrified is an understatment. I rode and elepghant in Sri Lanka and never intended to ride one agai. However, it was fantastic! Uphill and downhill was a bit hairy. Look forward to the picks. I should have been carrying the elephant though, I was the same height as it!

We watched some Thai cooking followed by a demonstration on how to harvest rice and then to0 Wat Chalong Temple.

Miss Vica - I ate Green curry as promised and it was out of this world
Madam - Sorry about the camera, its best to check when we are in port. We are 7 hours in front of you tho. Keep trying :) Try two days time, in Sri Lanka

Love to all
XX

No comments: