Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Hong Kong


Well, we arrived in Hong Kong all safe and sound after a whole weekend of travelling. our first highlight was sharing a 'family room' with my mum and dad followed by a 12 hour flight with smokers. However, Hong Kong is a monster. I never imagined it would be as big as it is and I did think back to Manhatten when I wondered how the island didn't sink, its the same for Hong Kong. Jo and I went walkabout while mum and dad went to bed. We ventured across the Victoria Harbour to Hong Kong island and then found a tour bus which took us to Victoria Peak which we thought would be a great way to see the island. If not for the fact that it only took us around the corner and then we had to get out. We should have guessed seeing as it was only 15p.

Every tourist to Hong Kong goes to the top of The Peak. However, not every tourist can say that they went to the top of Victoria Peak and saw nothing!!!!! We were surrounded by cloud but I had never walked in the clouds before so I thought it was quite good. To make up for the fact that we couldn't see anything, I took a picture of the map of what we should see followed by the view we could see.

Hong Kong is a strange mixture of English and Cantonese, English road signs, English traffic lights. Very odd.

In the afternoon we went to the Man Mo temple or incense temple and gosh do they use it. It was quite a spectacle.

In the evening we had to get our lifejackets and go to our muster stations. Nobody seemed to be enjoying quite as much as I did. We were all stood int he Theatre royal tying up life jackets! I thought it was hilarious.

No comments: