Sunday, March 08, 2015

Happy International Women’s Day from the Scotia Sea

Another full day at sea today which means a full day of lectures, starting off with an introduction to the Falkland Islands and an overview of birds on the Islands. Then the tannoy announced Happy International Women’s Day to everyone on board. So although I’m miles away from the Women’s Network, everyone was in my thoughts and I wish everyone a Happy International Women’s Day from the Scotia Sea.

The day was spent in the gym, reading, editing video, going to lectures and mostly eating. Going to the gym during quite big swells is a strange feeling. I never thought I would really appreciate a stationary gym. The evening entertainment was an ice sculpture, napkin folding, fruit sculpture and sugar craft show which was really good, and a change from going to bed at 9pm. Yet another time change tonight, we are going back an hour this time.

No comments: