Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014


I'm not a massive fan of odd numbered years, but life is what you make of it. It's strange to think that last year our New Years Eve was in a vineyard in the strangest B&B we have ever stayed in, verging on scary. 2013 has been a fantastic year, which started in New Zealand, also:
  • Prince George born
  • Margaret thatcher died
  • Nelson Mandela died
  • Andy Murray wins Wimbledon
  • We went to Sandringham on Christmas Day
  • Penny arrived at our home
  • We had afternoon tea Fortnum and Mason where the dress code was 'elegance'
  • We went on a Duck tour in London, I will never forget the screams from Liv and Caitlin when the truck went into the water. Later in the year, a Duck tour caught fire!
  • We continued our love of cottage holidays in Lincolnshire and Norfolk
  • Cambridge punting - with Cous Cous punting, I haven't laughed that much in years
  • We went to a cricket match
  • Sun walk - we walked a half marathon in London and obviously forgot how our legs felt because I signed us up to the full marathon!
  • Guide camp - I went on guide camp, for the first time in 20 years. I also got my 10 year service award as a Brownie leader
  • Hastings - Phil and I visited, he walked around the battle site with a briefcase
  • Buckingham palace - visited twice!
  • Gromits - all 78 of them, 1 was vandalised so I couldn't see it, one I couldn't see due to vertigo
  • Harry potter - visited Harry Potter studios, a dream for a long time
  • George's wedding - in Glasgow
  • Katherine's wedding - in Bristol.
Looking forward to what new experiences we will have in 2014, I do love an even numbered year.

No comments: