Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Key, go turn the light on"

We planned to go to the beach in the morning but it was still raining so we packed up the chalet and hit the road. Just as we got out of Sodwana, I was stopped by the police carrying a huge gun! I had to get out of the car, panicing, find my licence in the bottom of my huge ruck sack, show the police man it while he was holding a gun and then told him while i was here. Ahhhhh, we aren't used to seeing guns in england!

At Hluhluwe (pronounce shishlooey), we got petrol and changed a travellers check in a bank with guards and a strange door that only lets one person go through at one time. It was strange being a minority for a change but made me reflective. At Hluhluwe game park we saw Water buffalo, black rhino etc etc. At the Mpila Camp in the Imfolozi game park, we stayed in a tent with an outside kitchen, a bathroom. We had to be in our tent at sundown (6pm) becuase the camp had no fence around it when there are deadly animals in the park! It somehow reminded me of early explorers.

I went on a night drive that almost made me freeze to death and then we had a braai

As we got to the tent (we had to drive from one building to our tent cos we aren't allowed to walk in case you are eaten, a bit f canvas must made a world of difference!). Time to get out the car and then Jo came out with "Key, go and turn the light on". And stupid me got out the car, walked half way along the path and then chickened out and Jo and I had to walk together to get into the tent :)

No comments: