Thursday, September 20, 2007

My birthday, I forgot!

You would have thought that I would remember that it's my birthday but I honestly forgot and didn't actually remember until 3am, 30,000 feet up in the air so I woke Jo up to tell her :)

We met Adam in the terminal with a sign for 'Shackwell' :) The traffic in Jo-Burg would be described as 'interesting'. 6 lanes of traffic and aggresive drivers had me to take on, when I only had 2 hours sleep all night. We passed many a township 'shanty town' and drive and drove and drove for 7 hours to Ithala game park. Along route we discovered that Adam is one of the few people we know who can say supercalafragalisticexpealidociuos backwards! Everytime I got tired, DJ Jo would put disney on so we entered the game park to Lion Kings Circle of life.

We met warthog and zebra along the route and then entered the camp and saw our amazing lodge that has no locks on the doors. To my shock, we were the first to arrive! In the evening after dinner I had a birthday muffin and bottle of champagne delivered to me and the staff sang happy birthday in zulu.

No comments: