Thursday, September 27, 2007

My cheetah fight



Another 5.30 start in the pitch black. We saw hyene, white rhino etc and I learned a great fact. Hyena poo is white becuase they digest everything apart from bone. As we were driving along, a branch caught on someone's coat, whipped my head and caused me to have a whip mark on my ear and a scratch that went from my forehead, into my head. God it made my eyes water as the blood was going down my head. Keith thinks I should say it was a cheetah scratch but alas.

I had brekkie with a warthod family wandering around me. On the way to our next camp we saw a cheetah lying in the sun and stupid us got out of the car! You would never walk out of a car in a safari park where there are lions! We also got caught up in a group of zebra and just walked along with them in the car. We even got to see a lion, a hell of a long way away but as we were advising all jeeps where the lion was, I was cheeky enough to ask for one of their guests binoculars!

We arrived at Hilltop camp in Hluhluwe and had an elephant walk straight into the hilltop resturant! We had a drive in the evening and got caught up in a herd of buffalo, close enough to touch them which was quite scary.

In the evening, we had our last drinks as a big family

No comments: