Monday, September 24, 2007

POW camp

Today we had an early wake up and an early brekkie looking over Ithala park. We then drive for 2.5 hours on the strightest road in the whole world. God, I thought texa was a boring drive but as we went over a hill, there was yet another straight road! When we got to Sodwana Bay we drove into the wrong camp by mistake and then when we finally got to ours, we were never so happy to see Jackie and Matt.

This time we were staying in an 8 berth cabin with some of the lads. We had a walk down to the beach with Conor and Kate but alas, we went the wrong way and followed a fence for quite a while reminding me of a prisoner of war camp, we only wanted to see the sea!

We finally found the right way and then walked through a swamp that has crocodiles in it and then down a huge sand dune. As you can imagine, I didn't love going back up it after the sand blasted our legs becuase the weather was horrid.

In the evening we celebrated National Braai day with guess what? A braai (BBQ). I was even manly and turned a sausage on the BBQ becuase there was a distinct split in womens and mens roles so I turned a sausage and then it was completely turned back again cos i got it wrong!

After the braai we had a singsong of irish ballads and any random song that came into peoples heads. I was still ill at this point so i could not hear my tune or hear much else so when it came to my song and picking the bare necessities, I was very grateful for Kate next to me for taking over.

No comments: