Thursday, September 19, 2019

Budapest - Visiting a Cat Cafe






Sometimes Apple Maps fib to you, and this was one of those days. The apartment kindly provided tea, coffee, fruit and wine...but we needed breakfast. So, off I went on a mission to find us breakfast. Over 45 minutes later, I returned with Hungarian croissants, Pick sausage and Karavan cheese. All things I used to adore when I visited Hungary. So breakfast was a trip down memory lane.

We started the day with the bus tour. Reyka was asleep for most of it. We stopped off at Central Market which I don't remember ever visiting which is surprising, it's stunning. We had Langos for lunch (fried bread with cheese) and continued our bus tour. We stopped off for a boat trip on the Danube to see Parliament and Margrit Island. Reyka seemed more fascinated with lying on the rug and running around swooning all of the tourists.

For dinner, I made a reservation at the Cat Café at the end of our road. I've never been to a Cat café before, it's amazing. They wander around, they sit on your table, you are allowed to stroke them. The best bit was watching all of the reactions of our fellow diners. I think you could probably tell that we are dog people. Our fellow diners were swooning over the cats and completely enthralled by them. Dinner of flat bread and chocolate cake, then back to our apartment.

We are staying in an Air BnB which is just a few minutes walk from St Stephen's basilica. It's designed by an interior designer and you can tell, it's absolutely stunning and amazing for a family. They thought of everything! A proper baby change mat, a proper cot instead of a travel cot, a high chair...Reyka loved exploring such a wonderful apartment.

1 comment:

John said...


Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.
Thank you