Monday, September 15, 2014

Scotland - Ayrshire and Culzean Castle



I love my boutique hotel room, I still get up at 7am, but I can watch TV, make a coffee, eat some truffles, smell the flowers in my room. Today's trip was to Culzean Castle in Ayrshire. Steph drove us past Robert Burns House and museum, her old house and then onto the castle which is right on the beach. The coast road was stectacular, especially the optical illusion road where it looks like you are going downhill but you are actually going uphill.

Culzean castle is lovely, we walked to the Swan Lake and walled garden, Hugo was loving it and bouncing around. We walked around the castle, the guides explained paintings which is never our favourite thing but the rooms were gorgeous with panoramic views of the beach and sea.

Back home for takeaway chinese and my last night in Scotland.

No comments: