Saturday, December 31, 2011

I adore New Years Eve

I've always loved New Year, more so than Christmas. I think it was due to the Blenheim parties, each new year Anne brought the corned beef sandwiches and we shared food with the Derricks while the Disco played. Since then I've celebrated New Year in all manner of ways, a white party, Edinburgh, London, Hungary and loads in between. People say it's an anti climax after christmas but I like to get Christmas out of the way so I can celebrate New Year.

This year we had a Hannah Montana Pop star party, each person dressed up as a popstar. I dressed as Elphaba from Wicked, Ali went as an Ooompa Lumpa from Charlie and the Chocolate factory, Sal as a doctor, Mum as Cat Stevens and Dad as Boy George. Ali won the fancy dress competition. We had party food, played quizzes and between 10-12 we had a huge dip in energy. Having only been in thew hour for a few months, we didn't have a clue whats acceptable for New Years, luckily air horns and party poppers were at the ready...and we needed them. We sang Auld Lang Syne in the street jumping up and down, then it was time for bed. An exhausting night of party games, but 2012 is going to be phenominal year, we can't wait.

No comments: