Sunday, January 01, 2012

Punting in Cambridge

We do love Cambridge, it's our regular haunt for any visitor to St Neots but this time was to try punting. We have never done it before, and there was no way we were going to do it ourselves so we had a guide. Getting in the boat was actually easier than we thought but gosh we were close to the water level. We saw Kings college, the ugly building of Queens college, Magdalen college. It's like a walking museum, can't wait to do it again. A great way to start 2012. Now to eat 90 susage rolls we have in the freezer...

3 comments:

lizi said...

Hello one of elizabeths from Galapagos here. Happy New year Glad you enjoyed party Hope the year is a good one. Sad I did not give you my contact details but at least I can read your blog.

lizi said...

Just realised you replied so thought Id add more. We are both well. Derbyshire Liz is off to Gran Canaria next week. She goes for 2 weeks with her husband. I have 2 weeks in Tenerife at the end of March.
Our next big trip is not til november, Thailand to Singapore rail journey, but watch this space.
Got my photos and am thrilled with results, considering I am an aim and click person! So hard knowing which ones to not develop.
Love xxx

Keela said...

Hi Elizabeth, I've finally finished making a Galapagos DVD of the footage I took. You both appear on it :) if you can, email me by clicking on my profile, then I can send you your copies. Kx