Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Lunch take 2

Christmas Day started at 8am sharp and as usual we had to wait for Dad to come downstairs before we opened our pressies. I half expected him to come downstairs wearing his old brown towlling role that only ever came out for Christmas day! Instead he arrived wearing Cous Cous' slippers that he took a shine too and Cous Cous hadn't seen for a couple of days.

We didn't have many pressies becuase of the secret Santa but I had a great book of facts explaining for example why penguins feet don't freeze, why solids normally turn to liquid when heated by eggs do the opposite. I bored my family to tears with my facts all morning :) Aunty and Cous Cous defintly won the most unusual present from Cous Cous' aunt - a jar of gerkins. I kid you not, that's all there was.

We had a leisurely morning watching 'Love Actually' and then I drove home via a big detour. I had a couple of hours to spare so I drove to Cheddar, through the gorge and for the first time in my life, there was absolutely no one there! I stopped in the middle of the road and took pictures all the way up the gorge. I drove all over the Mendips with the help of very patient 'Tim Tom Tom'. It was great thinking time.

I arrived at Hayden's at 2pm where a very large dinner awaited me. It was so nice to see Livvy playing with her new toys. I'm not so sure I'm excited that he favourite toy is a kitchen and she is obsessed with feeding her dolls but she loves it. She even took her 'gogg' out of her mouth for enough time to give me a milky kiss.

Christmas evening was spent avoiding all food and watching Christmas tv at al's. I loved this Christmas, it entailed everyone special to me and I didn't have to use the entertainment I had taken to each venue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

again I am taken unaware and and poor old hayden is still eating his dinner!