Sunday, June 26, 2005

A couple more garden gnomes

The day started with a dip in the heated swimming pool and how simple it would have been if Miss Vica has a swimsuit but no :) Our first visit was to a garden gnome museum, home to over 1000 garden gnomes where you have to spend the time in the museum in your pointed gnome hat (a bright pink one). The place is bizarre and felt like you were hallucinating wondering through a menagery of little pointy hat people. The second part of the museum is a wild flower museum where we had to fill in a questionnaire en-route, I will let you know if we win. The fact that we made up over half of the answers may tell you that we didn't win.

Today was such a glorious day so we just had to go to a beach so Widemouth Beach fell victim to our presence. It would have been nice to have a deckchair, a windbreak, a beach mat or a towel but no, we had a roll mat. Suprisingly a roll mat can be shared by two people lying on it. The sea was so inviting and we had to be a part of it but one problem, where do we put the car keys???? In keela's hand of course while she is swimming in the sea but they have to be rolled in her skirt. So while Miss Vica was leaping over the waves like a pixie (which of course gets her more wet that swimming in the sea), keela had her hand permanently out of the water wrapped in an orange cloth. A nice thought until a large wave covers miss vica so of course i rush to help and what do i get???? SPAT ON!!!!! Honestly, truly, I was spat on :)

The night was spent in a campsite close to Tintagel in a campsite without tents, just us :) I thought Miss Vica was a bit keen when we saw the table tennis bats, little did i know she has played for years! We both learnt something important (apart from the fact that i can't play table tennis). I make a noise every time a ball comes near me and every time i miss it so you can imagine how many times i made a very high pitched, owl sounding noise (and no, miss vica hasn't recorded this sound and never will)

2 comments:

vica said...

just for the visually driven: imagine ms keela in swimming suit, one hand in a fist, in the fist a card key, around the fist a red skirt, hand and arm positioned in a statue of liberty position, the rest of ms keela buoyant on the waves, up until ms vica turns her side-waves when she goes under for a quick mouthful :) ms vica in a bikini fashioned out of some shorts and some sports bra that miraculously match in colour after soaking in salt water for an hour. as for the pixielike hops and skips, i was only trying to imitate the native wave hoppers and body boarders, 'tis not my fault i have so much more sophisticated art of moving about in water...

what ms keela was so girlishly silent about was the fact that the spitting on part was more like spitting in, as in spitting in her face. honest to god, my only aim was to free my mouth and lungs of the salt water, my eyes were still misty of the water so i naturally and instinctively -- spat. how would i have known i have a valiant ms keela floating to my rescue. who, btw, in turn expressed her heartfelt wish for me to be in some jellyfish ridden waters so she could offer to wee on me. needless to say i took my revenge for this when i sliced and diced away at her palm (with my combined cheese / butter / tent swiss army knife) after she took a dive into the gorse.

Keela said...

Can I remind you of what you just said. You spat on me, then hacked at my hand with a pen knife....when's it my turn?????