Sunday, May 20, 2018

Suffrage London








I’m working my way through the list of suffrage visits and today ticked off many. It started with an immersive suffragette tour of the Albert Hall. Alas, it wasn’t good and time after time, was given incorrect facts about suffrage history. I liked the actors portraying Lord Curzon and Helen Ogsden but gosh, calling Emmeline Pankhurst by the wrong name wasn’t a great start.

Onwards and upwards to Brampton Cemetery to visit the grave of Emmeline Pankhurst. While paying my respects, a woman touched the grave and said ‘Well done Emmeline, you done good’. It gave me goosebumps. On the walk to the tube, I passed the blue plaque of Hattie Jacques which made me smile.

The LSE exhibition, including the letter agreeing to the split of the Pankhurst’s and Pethick Lawrence’s. The exhibition had banners, sashes, medals and focused on WSPU, NUWSS and Women’s Freedom League. I then walked around and around and around in circles trying to find the plaque which commemorates the WSPU Headquarters but nope, I just kept coming across building works again and again.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect information & the blog is almost perfect keep me updated with such kind of upcoming blogs.
Luxury Suites in Vadodara

Unknown said...

Valuable for information if there is any other blog related this kindly ping me

Royal Suites in Plunge Pool