Thursday, May 31, 2018

Iron bridge - silhouettes of women who could vote in 1918 (37/160)












Surprisingly, I've never visited Ironbridge, even though I lived in the Midlands for a while. I've wanted to visit for a while. Bit of a trek to get there (hour and a half) and to our surprise, it was covered for restoration! So I still haven't seen Iron Bridge. It's a lovely quaint village for a wander though. At Coalbrookdale, there was a Votes for women exhibition which I wanted to see. The installation is silhouettes of women who could have votes following the 1918 Act - 37 out of the 160 who worked in the industry. It's a stark reminder that 1918 was just the start and not everyone could vote. 1918 was just the start.

On the way back we stopped in Wenlock Priory, an English Heritage property.

No comments: