Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Thetford Forest - I've never seen so many bluebells in my life




Staycation Day 2 started in Lynford Arboretum. I've never seen so many bluebells in my entire life. There was a sea of blue for as far as the eye could see. We had a lovely two mile circuit and didn't see a single person. It was wonderful to hear the birds and smell freshly cut grass. We next drove to High Lodge, complete with vehicle recognition to pay for the car park. A whopping £2.20 per hour! The car park was huge, it has bike wash, a cafĂ© where we had a pit stop, a place where you book to hire BBQ's, an ice cream parlour and Go Ape.

I love the fact we can travel in school term time, places are empty. We decided to take the fir walk, supposedly 3 miles but we were there for 3 hours so I think not. Surprisingly though, we had the roar of fighter jets flying overhead for most of the walk which was a little off putting. In between though we heard a cuckoo very close by, we saw some amazing playground areas and spotted a stag beetle. We definitely had that 'are we nearly there yet' feeling by the end.

£6/60 for the car park and then the drive home, after 18,000 steps today!

No comments: