Monday, May 08, 2017

Afternoon tea at The Shard




Staycation Day One. Thanks to Mum and Dad for our Christmas present - afternoon tea at The Shard. A short stroll from London Bridge station. We took the express lift up to Aqua Shard and sat at the very plush bar, while we waited for our table. We were right by the window. In front of me was St Pauls, behind me was Tower Bridge. The view was fabulous and I was loving it. Ali is a little scared of heights so the view made her feel queasy - not the best for afternoon tea.

We started with lobster sandwiches, salmon brioche, black pudding sausage roll and goats cheese quiche. Then the most amazing white chocolate scones, with clotted cream and jam in a tube and toffee in a tube. This is where Ali finished, she was stuffed. The top layer was a lemon meringue on top of a macaron, white chocolate moose covered in a blood orange gel, mushroom chocolate (yes mushroom!). I started eating the chocolate thinking it's really rather yummy but when I got to the end I really wasn't so sure. I'm not a fan of mushrooms at the best of times. Then marmite milk chocolate with Turkish delight in a pipette which was fabulous.

Completely stuffed to the brim.

No comments: