Saturday, September 03, 2016

First and last baking competition






Midway through the weekly Great British Bake Off Challenge, I thought that taking part in a baking competition wasn't a bad idea. So I entered the traditional cake category in a cake competition in the community centre. The initiative is great because it gives cakes to families in need. When I entered the room, I walked back out again. I saw the showstopper novelty cakes and oh my gosh they were immense. I placed my white chocolate and raspberry battenburg on the traditional table and then left for the judging.

2 hours later I returned to hear the results. However, they were still judging them. In the end they took 4 hours to judge the cakes and then had the cheek to say that my cake was dry. Of course it was! It was left out for 4 hours before they ate a bit off the end and not the middle. And they compared it to drizzle cakes that are wet to begin with. I'm not bitter at all.

So this was my first and last cake competition. I disliked the competition element and feel that competing takes the fun out of it. Never again.

No comments: