Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Duke of Edinburgh Diamon Challenge - on my birthday




Earlier this year I signed up to the Diamond Duke of Edinburgh Challenge to celebrate 60 years of D of E. I've got my bronze, silver and gold and really wanted to do the Diamond challenge. I thought of the activity that I'm worse at - cycling. So I decided to do an Olympic triathlon - 1.5km swim, 40km bike and 10km walk. Oh my gosh the training was dull. I needed a whole day to finish it so my birthday was ideal.

I completed it in 4 hours and would I ever do it again - NOT A CHANCE. Oh my gosh that is hard core. I don't know how people compete against others. I was just competing against myself and just wanted to finish. I was so relieved when I finished the 10km. To celebrate, Ali bought me flowers and treated me to lunch at Betty Bumbles Vintage Tea Rooms for afternoon tea. It was just us in a war themed room. There were lots of little touches like the 50's style music in the background. We ordered fishfinger sandwiches for our afternoon tea.

We ended the day watching Bridget Jones' Baby at the cinema. I have not laughed that much in years.

No comments: