Friday, April 18, 2014

Moonwalk training: 22 miles of bluebells





I really don't like that feeling before you set off for a walk, but luckily once you get going, it fades. We started at Spaldwick and another gorgeous village sign. We took a big loop to get to Grafam Water. Ali is trying to keep her hip going through the intense training and she now has a solution, to have the occasional split squat to stretch. I hope she does this in central London for the moonwalk.

Ali is full of a cold so was blowing her nose all the way around. We got to Grafam Water visitor centre at 10 miles and it was time for lunch. What really puts me off Grafam is the number of bikes passing you, but luckily Ali took is on paths away from people and through multiple woods that were full of bluebells. A stop for coffee in a grubby visitor centre and then the final stretch, 7.6 miles where I hit the wall at mile 21. I've learnt that I hate mud but I really hate dried mud, it hurts your feet something chronic. I do love walking through the gorgeous villages with their thatched roof and signs.

We intended on walking 20 miles but in the end walked 22 in 8 hours, only 2 weekends until the real thing!

No comments: