Saturday, September 10, 2011

Visiting Billy at Whipsnade zoo






On leaving the South West, Ali's colleagues adopted Billy the ring tailed lemur at Whipsnade zoo so we went to visit him. Oh they were so cute huddled together. Off to the elephants who were just wandering around the crowd as though part of the group, the baby running was a picture. We saw guar (largest cattle in the world), oranger (only found in 2 places in Iran), florescent flamingos, baby rhino's running. I thought it would be a good idea to sit on a childs playground rhino, to my surprise the girth was much bigger than I expected, and I couldn't get off! After a laughing fit and thinking I was going to stay on there for a long time, I slipped down the front of it's head, not the most elegant way to do it but it worked, I was free. The cheetah's never fail to surprise me that they are so small, then it was the giraffes, wolves, wolverine, brown bears and penguins.

An amazing day, but such a lot amount of walking! However, there was a catch, everywhere we went we either had rainbows, brownies or guides around us, swarming like bees to a jam jar!

Now we are shattered but it was well worth it to see animals, not always behind bars and the best signage in a zoo I've ever seen!

No comments: