Saturday, March 26, 2011

Penultimate day of exploring Devon






With just 2 days of exploring Devon left, we decided to cram everything in in just 2 days. Our day started at 6:30 where unfortauntely, Bandy was still very poorly. A bike ride to double locks was just what the doctor ordered, the bird song and absence of people make me cycle faster. There was mist above the water, and it was just me, the water and the birds. A perfect start to the morning.

After a 5 minute shower, it was time to say goodbye to Bandy at the vets, and then a trip to town. As I'm moving for Ali's work for the second time in my life, I got a network, a scrapbook and lunch...I could get used to this :)

After lunch, it was back in the car and off to Dartmoor. We walked from the Plume of feathers, the pub where my final Gold duke of Edinburgh started all those years ago. We sat on the Tor, admiring the view, listening to the multiple D of E groups passing us, and breathed in the cool air in the spring sunshine. After a well deserved dinner at the Plume of feathers, we said au revior to Dartmoor for the time being but it will remain in our hearts for a long time.

No comments: