Saturday, December 18, 2010

My first friend's wedding





John and I have always had these weird coincidences, and our engagement was no different. At our first geography field trip, we were told to find a friend so I found John. Or John found me. Either way, to break the ice of knowing people, we had our geography friends for the next few years. Coincidentally, we both lived in Bristol. Number 1 coincidence.

Then, John went to America for the 2nd year so in the 3rd year he lived in halls. The same halls and flat that I lived in! Coincidence number 2.

When Aunty and I were at the V festival, we were walking by the climbing wall and who should be there. John! Coincidence number 3.

When travelling to Hungary for my regular trips, I thought I recognised the head 2 seats in front of me on the plane. Guess who it was? John on his brothers stag do. Coincidence number 4.

Then at the checkouts in sainsburys, where we both were, John told me he got engaged. I told him I got engaged. Us in a hot tub, him in a swimming pool and we were both getting married in December! However, him in 2010, me in 2012. Coincidence number 5,6,7 and 8.

Weird weird weird. So, on a freezing cold saturday, full of snow, John had all his friends meet in the pub by the church before the wedding. It was so moving, Vicky's dad had to hold back walking down the aisle because of his tears. I could only stay for the first section because of getting to Essex but it was such a great day to see my first friend get married.

No comments: