Saturday, March 01, 2008

A marriage proposal

We had brekkie with a gaggle of chickens, well women. They were talking about putting their husbands dinner on a plate and then one ask 'can your husband use a microwave'? We drove through Kilarney National Park, through Molls Gap and Ladies View and around the Ring of Kerry. We did a cliff walk but alas we didn't see the puffins but the wind was so strong and for 2 people afriad of heights, it wasn't the most fun. We had lunch, went back to Kenmare and then onto Glengarth to find a B&B where I was asked whether I had to ask my 'fella' which room I'd like. We had dinner in a local pub where we met Daniel and Pat. The village was unique indeed, everyone knew everyone else and god we weren't let alone. Daniel wouldn't leave me alone, kept saying ya ya ya ya ya and then clapping his hands saying bang. But.....apparently there is an irishman waiting for me if I don't get married soon. What was scary was that he has been arrested multiple times and isn't allowed in one bar becuase he tried to slit the guy's throat. Ummmmm. So, it was Ali to my rescue.

No comments: