Monday, February 06, 2006

Do not destroy the past

Oh Phil doesn't like getting up at 7.30am but needs must. The aim of the day was to go to the Pergamon Museum and the Topography of Terror. Just before we left we thought to check that they are open on Monday's. Issue number 4, both closed on Monday's. So off we went to see the wall. Luckily the Topography of terror was open. I remember doing the tour in 2001 and it moved me to tears. It goes through the Nuremburg war crime trials, the Holocaust and Gestapo/SS HQ. However, note to self, only ever do this in the summer. I can't believe how cold we were. I only had a small slit between my scarf and hat to look through and still was freezing from the core. We had lunch and then it was time for the off back to Britannia. 6 hours later, I was back in Bristol and taking off layers, it was almost tropical :)

No comments: