Saturday, February 04, 2006

Bad Vegetarian

Phil at 4am is not a pretty sight, especially when we went to bed at 1am. I kind of booked a 6am flight from Luton to Berlin without thinking that the Underground does not run at that time so Taxi it was. Not only a taxi, but a taxi whose driver wanted to talk all of the way. Phil and I are sleep experts and practised our sleeping while keeping the head perfectly straight. What was the first thing Phil said when he got in the taxi...did I have enough money to cover the cab. Little did I think that he had forgotten his wallet, but he did. Issue number 1.

As we landed in Berlin, I wondered when the cloud was going to stop becuase we hit the runway while still in the cloud. I was very wrong, it was snow!!!!! What was a nice treat is that the S bahn to central Berlin had heated seats so we were freezing but the bottom was cosy.

We couldn't check in to the appartment so went on a bus tour where the first site was the Erotik museum, I will leave you to guess what it includes. We found more 'easy' things, easy internet cafe and easy money. At Brandenbergen Tor we played in the snow and threw girlie snow balls underarm.

We were very very tired at this point and slept for a couple of hours in the appartment. Before this I went shopping, never again will I go on my own. We walked to dinner and invented the word 'sliptag' and 'niptag'. We ate at a French restaurant and I tried l'escargot for the first time. There weren't any veggie options on the menu and phil's justification of me eating meat was that the french wouldn't serve bad food. So I had duck for main course. I know, I'm a bad veggie.

No comments: