Sunday, January 29, 2006

Museum of Welsh Life


Today I finally got to see the Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagan's. I have actually tried to get there a few times. The cloest I got to the door was when I parked there in the summer but got distracted by a luncheon invitation and so drove off again. The Museum of Welsh Life is in St Fagan's, Cardiff. Its an open air museum showing how the people of Wales lived, worked and spent their leisure time over the last five hundred years and a must for all visitors to Britain.

Fran and I got to look in old toilet sheds in the garden, looked around a tannery, went inside a chapel that had compartments that looked like sheep pens, hugged trees, bought fudge and welsh rock, had a tea and welsh cake, stood in a prefab and then we both stood in a red telephone box just because :) By the way, it now costs 30p minimum to make a phone call!

No comments: