Saturday, March 26, 2022

A long drive with a stopover in Gretna Green

What a drive - over 7 hours to get to Cove, close to Loch Lomond. A first stopover at Shugborough National Trust before I realised that it was a Saturday and seeing how rammed it was. We stopped, went to the toilet, had lunch and then got out of there. Too many people. Onwards. 

Our next stop was Gretna Green at 4pm. I've always been intrigued about Gretna Green and had something very different in my mind. The shops were just closing and we felt this was a perfect time to visit. We weren't surrounded by tourists and could walk around leisurely. Alas the museum is currently being refurbished so we couldn't see the history of Gretna Green, but it was a good stopover on a long journey. I would have loved some history boards though. 

Then onto Cove on the banks of Loch Long and the best view from a cottage that I've ever seen. 







No comments: